Consumer decision journey
Updated: Oct 3
IN THE AGE OF DIGITAL SHOPPING. How consumers make purchase decisions has entirely shifted. This "Consumer Decision Journey" is my favorite, and here is why I recommend it to you:
First of all, a marketing strategy is all about consumers / users.
This journey was developed by McKinsey & Company.
For us, at Madison Project, is the cornerstone of any marketing strategy.
↪ Here are the stages:
0. Trigger 😖 The customer needs to solve a problem.
1. The consumer considers an initial set of brands 🙄 Your brand needs to have a brand and awareness campaign for this stage.
2. Active evaluation 🤔 The customers select their favorites or top of mind brands; if your message 'clicked' on it, you have a good chance of moving to the next stage.
3. Moment of purchase 😊 The customer chooses a product that solves their needs.
4. Post-purchase experience 🤗 That is the crucial moment when you can turn a happy customer into a loyal one. You must have a robust digital presence and customer service for this stage.
⚡ If you didn't attract your lead to a loyalty loop, you need to wait for the next trigger.
This post was originally published on LinkedIn here.